Apr 25, 2013

TRADITIONAL CAFÉ SLAVIA

I like to visit restaurants that have some atmosphere and tradition that is felt immediately upon arrival. Cafe Slavia at the National Theatre is such a little trip a few years back. I appreciate that they maintain the good old café atmosphere. When you have a dinner, there is live piano; you're watching the river, people, cars and trams around the river. 


I visited Slavia with my family after my graduation; it is certainly the most important memory of this café. Back then, I had the duck with dumplings and red cabbage. It was fabulous, I just prefer the duck to be juicier (it is best when it is baked in the oven for 5-8 hours, then it completely falls apart). We visited Slavia also after my MBA graduation. You can see the food here.

Today I decided to write about one afternoon visit to the cafe. They have amazing selection of homemade cakes, which you see at the entrance. The cafe is really spacious; I always found a place to sit without a problem. The service is very professional. I noticed that there are a lot of foreigners; perhaps they even exceed the number of Czechs. Prices are average, not super expensive. Cappuccino for 45 Kc is very good. You can see paintings hanging on the walls that highlight the history of the cafe and you see Werich and other Czech personalities.

This time I ordered a pancake. It was excellent, with strawberries, whipped cream and strawberry frosting. 



pancake with strawberries and whipped cream


and cappuccino in original cup



You can visit Slavia in any time of the day. The selection is always very good. I always recommend this place to foreigners, it is a must visit place for me.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Bella Lulu Ink Blog