Jun 14, 2013

STRAWBERRY RICOTTA CAKE

The farmers market was full of ripe and juicy strawberries, so I decided to make something delicious out of them. It was a hot summer day .. so I wanted something refreshing. Last time I baked almost only with curd, therefore it was time for a change. I could think of ricotta, it could be a good combination with strawberries. The thin layer of dough, a la Czech "linecke", aka shortbread. I ate too many strawberries during baking! I just  could not resist. In the end, the whole family totally loved this cake. And it always pleases me the most.


What do we need? 

Shortbread: 
140 g of butter
80 g of granulated sugar
250 g of fine flour
50 g of ground almonds
1 beaten egg
4 tablespoons of cold water
pinch of salt

Filling: 
500 g of ricotta
2 tablespoons of sour cream
50 g of granulated sugar
2 eggs

Preparation:
Mix all the ingredients for the dough, make a nice smooth dough and put it into the tin. Then, mix all the ingredients for the filling and pour it on the dough. Finally spread the strawberries. Let bake at 150 degrees for about 50 minutes. 

Bon appetit!


No comments :

Post a Comment

Bella Lulu Ink Blog