Apr 18, 2014

WHOLE WHEAT SCONES WITH CRANBERRIES AND GINGER

This morning I woke up with nostalgia for scones. At least you know what are my dreams (unlike some people ...). Despite of the fact that I first tasted scones in England, at a famous café, my expectations were rather small. In my "baking" box were cranberries and ginger. The combination was given. Well, because I try to always find the healthier way, the choice felt on wholewheat flour. The result?


This was my inspiration.
Ingredients: 
1 cup of whole wheat flour 
1 cup of plain flour 
spoon of baking powder 
pinch of baking soda 
pinch of salt 
teaspoon of cinnamon 
spoon of vanilla sugar 
1/2 cup of cane sugar (rather less than more, you will eat them with jam which is quite sweet) 
teaspoon of honey 
teaspoon of grated ginger 
120 g of butter, softened 
1 egg 
1/2 cup of milk 
2 tablespoons of curd 
200 g of cranberries 

Preparation: 
Mix the dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, salt, soda, cinnamon, sugar).


Add honey, eggs, butter, milk and curd. Whip it together and finally, add cranberries with ginger.

Bake it for 20 minutes at 180 degrees.

I recommend making a large gaps between the scones so that it will not merge into one big pancake.

TIP: What about to make scones with blueberries, strawberries, bananas ... or just plain scones?

Serve them with jam and clotted cream. The best is Cornish from Marks and Spencer.


before baking ..


... and finally ...


... I got compliments!


No comments :

Post a Comment

Bella Lulu Ink Blog