Nov 18, 2014

SACHER

I adore chocolate. And I am crazy about brownies. Hot, crispy and full of chocolate. This is a definition of a heaven. I used to eat a lot of brownies in Americe during dance competitions. Anyway, it is really good to have something classical. Recently, it was Sacher cake from charming Vienna. 


People like mysteries. It's tempting. Mr. Sacher is a master at this, for already 180 years. No one knows what is he made of. 

When I travel, I am crazy about testing local delicacies, I always have a to-do list. The only problem is to eat everything. There are always so many awesome and must-visit places for lunch! And then those little treats.. In Vienna, I visited Cafe Demel, where the had super super chocolate cake. Schitzel is not bad, but I would never say NO to a cake.

Dough:
125 g of chocolate
125 g butter
100 g caster sugar
100 g plain flour
6 egg yolks separated from the whites

Filling:
jar of apricot jam (homemade is the best, like usually)

Frosting:
100 g good quality chocolate
200 ml of cream

Preparation:
Put the chocolate in a bowl and melt it together with butter. In the meantime, in another bowl, beat egg whites until nice wgg snow, add the sugar. When the chocolate is melted, gently stir in the egg yolks. Then, very gently stir in the beaten egg whites and finally the flour. Place it in the cake tin in the oven preheated to 160 degrees and bake for about an hour.

After baking, let it cool down and cut the cake into three parts (I was lazy so my cake had only 2 parts) and pour each slice with a jam. Put in the fridge to rest a little.

Meanwhile, prepare the glaze. Put the chocolate in a bowl together with the cream. Once the cream is smooth, pour it on the cake. Put in the fridge this finished cake for about an hour and then serve.



Sacher is just perfect with a cream and strong espresso. The cake was gone during one afternoon. No wonder :) 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Bella Lulu Ink Blog