Jan 10, 2015

NAKED CAKE WITH WHITE CHOCOLATE

In the Czech Republic, we like celebrations and that is why we celebrate name day. My brother is David and my grandma is Eva which means that they both have their name day during the Christmas time. On December 30th, we always celebrate my brother's name day. And more than anything, he loves white chocolate, vanilla and strawberries. And marzipan.


Although I love to bake pies, cakes have been my least favorite thing to do. A few years ago, I used to have great recipe for the dough. Unfortunately, I lost it. So when I got a cookbook Sladke bary, I was happy. And when my brother had his name day, I saw it as an opportunity to try one cake. You can see the result right here. I am satisfied! Hope you will be too.

Dough (inspiration from the cookbook):
5 eggs
5 tablespoons hot water
300 g caster sugar
270 g semi-fine flour
30 g of cocoa
1/2 baking powder
pinch of salt

Cream:
3 x whipping cream
150 g white chocolate

+ To decorate: a pack of marzipan
+ Rum for the finished dough

Preparation:
First, make the dough. Preheat the oven to 170 degrees. Also, prepare 25 cm cake form.

Mix egg whites with a pinch of salt and half the sugar. Whisk until you get hard snow. In another bowl, manually whisk the egg yolks with hot water and remaining sugar into the fluffy foam.

Mix both mixtures in one bowl at low speed.

Mix the flour with the baking powder and cocoa. Gradually add the flour mixture into the egg mixture. It is important for us to mix dough on the lowest level. Alternatively, make the dough by hands.

When the dough is beautifully smooth, pour it into the prepared cake form and let it bake.

Bake it for about 45-55 minutes. Rather check it if it is done.

Let it to cool down.

TIP: It is best to bake the dough a day in advance, wrap it in foil and leave in the refrigerator overnight. It softens and you will cut it more easily the next day.


2, And now, here comes the cream. In a saucepan, melt the chocolate and the whipping cream. Let  it cool down. Then whip the cream into beautifully smooth cream. You can add sugar but I prefer less sweet fillings.

3, Cut the dough in 3 parts and each part drizzle with a little bit of rum. Combine individual parts with cream. Finally take the marzipan and create different shapes. Decorate it and you are done.




No comments :

Post a Comment

Bella Lulu Ink Blog