Feb 28, 2015

A CLASSIC COFFEE AFTERNOON

I tend to go to the same places over and over again. It is just my favorite and I am afraid of trying anything new. It is some sort of comfort zone for me (or what). However, I went out with my long time friend (hell yeah, we know each other for 9 yrs) and we chose one café in Prague to test. It promised delish homemade cakes! Who could resist?


The café Deserterie is located at Vinohrady which is perhaps the best part of Prague for cafés. There are so many cool and trendy concepts. I guess that everyone can find their cup of café (sounds weird). Me and my friend wanted to catch up on lots of things and this place looked like a great fit!



The interior is warm and cozy, even though it is quite small. I love paintings and they have so many! They just support the lovely café atmosphere. Couches are comfortable. The style is not really fancy, it does feel like home moreless. We were looking for some cake and although the choice is not huge, I was attracted to cheesecakes. There are some typical Czech cakes also.



The coffee is excellent! We both went for espresso. Oh my, the taste is so rich, very high quality coffee. And then he tough question.. which dessert?!



My friend opted for a strawberry cake with mascarpone, whipped cream and egg whites. Since I did not want to crush our pinky mood, I went for a cheesecake with raspberries. You would not believe the perfect taste of their raspberry sauce! Although the foodstyling is nothing posh, it totally satisfies your cravings. 



Cafés in Prague are going up. Actually, I am not a big fan of Starbucks and similar concepts, I feel like I am in some factory.. because you cannot find there THAT atmosphere! And cafés like this one fulfil my needs (or shall I say wants..). Deserteria is not the best of Prague but if you have a few days left, check it out. 

Have a nice weekend my folks! 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Bella Lulu Ink Blog