Oct 10, 2013

WEEKEND TRIP IN VIENNA

I decided to make an advantage of long weekend and I spent my time in Vienna with a friend. I have been there a couple of times so there were only two things in our plan - shopping and foodie tour. 


The end of Indian summer was absolutely perfect. Vienna reminded me of Paris a little. I was just missing bakeries on every corner. On the other hand, the whole city is perfectly clean. Vienna is a city for everyone - there are extra routes for bicycles and skaters. When you pass through the center, you can see many historic trams and an incredible amount of horses, which is a popular tourist attraction. I just do not get the idea of touristic buses. Is not it better to go through the city alone on your own? When you leave the famous Mariahilfer Strasse, you have the chance to see a different side of Vienna. You will find a huge market with local products, but I will share it with you in another article. 


Disappointing breakfast

Breakfast at the cafe near Mariahilfer Strasse was not the best. The service did not know any English. Instead of pure croissant with a jam in a bowl, I got a croissant filled with jam. My friend got cold egg and piece of baguette. Fortunately, at least cappuccino was satisfying, served with a glass of water.


Beautiful walk

Vienna has such a classy atmosphere. I wonder how foreigners feel when they visit Prague for the first time. This time, I stayed in the center for most of the time.




The best supermarket is Julius Meinl. Such a huge selection!



There is so many cafés and ice-cream shops. I did not resist and ordered mango, yoghurt and coconut sundae.





No comments :

Post a Comment

Bella Lulu Ink Blog