Apr 1, 2014

OATMEAL COFFEE BREAD WITH BANANAS AND DATES

Oatmeal sweet bread is best for breakfast, you can eat it with jam, nutella, peanut butter ... anything you can think of. This time I opted for a healthy recipe, full of the healthiest ingredients. A flavor is much stronger!


Breakfast is definitely my favorite meal of the day. How many times in the evening I think about what I will eat the next day. I actually have a couple of versions that still repeat and do not change much. One option is a porridge (the most delicate is with cocoa and chocolate in the middle that melts!). In the summer, I switch  to yogurt with muesli and fruit. Another version is bun with curd (I use A LOT) and jam (again, A LOT). And the last option is a cake. Yes, again sweet breakfast. I can not imagine a savory breakfast. I will return to the cake. While I prefer a fruit cake or cheesecake for the afternoon tea, the breakfast cake should be very simple. 

Sweet coffee breads are experiencing a comeback. Let's take a look at the recipe.

Ingredients: 
2 1/2 cups of whole wheat flour (you can also mix the spelled, etc.)
1/2 cup of oats
1 teaspoon of baking powder
1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
4 tablespoons of honey
1/2 cup of cane sugar
10 dried dates
2 bananas
2 eggs
1/2 cup of milk
cup of apple juice (3 apples, spoon of cinnamon, 3 tablespoons of cane sugar, the preparation is below)

Preparation: 
First, prepare the apple sauce. Scrape apples, cut into cubes and place in a pot. Pour a cup of water, a tablespoon of cinnamon and 3 tablespoons of cane sugar. Approximately cook it for 10 minutes on low heat. Then let it to cool down.


apples before ...


... and apples after .. AKA apple sauce

In a bowl, mix the dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, oats, soda and cane sugar). Then gradually stir in eggs, milk and honey. Finally, gently stir in the apple sauce, sliced ​​bananas and dates.


bananas and dates


dry ingredients

Pour the dough into the cake tin and bake it at 160 degrees for about 45 minutes.

TIP: I enjoy peanut butter. This cake is also delicious with curd and apricot jam. 


No comments :

Post a Comment

Bella Lulu Ink Blog