Jun 6, 2014

STYLISH AND TASTY WINE FOOD MARKET

Anyone who is living in Prague and likes good food and mainly Italian restaurants, Wine Food Market is a must. The concept is original and there is always a cozy atmosphere. 


I frequently visit Wine Food Market at Smichov which is in a reasonable distance from the city center and there is a possibility of parking. There are three parts; in the first part you can find an Italian bakery. Focaccia, homemade pies, cakes, croissants ... hard to resist. The second part is the busiest part of the Wine Food Market. It reminds me of marketplace, you will find fresh vegetables and fruits and a bar. Weekly menu includes pasta, lasagna, barbecue, burgers and much more. In addition to food there is a bird in a cage. I like the design and especially exposed wine bottles caught my attention. If I would accessorised my flat with this, it would probably smell of alcoholism ...



So far, I tried pasta, lasagna, soup and burger. At the counter you say what you want, you will get a ticket and then pay at the cash register. Here, you can also order a drink, I personally recommend the homemade lemonade or prosecco.



Now, take a look at the burger. The bun is fresh, meat is juicy, dressing and vegetables taste excellent. Potato fries served with a burger surpass classic fries that you get almost everywhere.



The atmosphere is probably one of the main reasons why I always come back. Besides the excellent food, of course. The life is pulsing here. They do not pretend something that they are not. Wine Food Market simply knows it.

As for the service, I would welcome a little warmer approach. They answer the quuestion, but that's it. A bit strange. On the other hand, I like the fact that I can walk around all the counters and decide on what I crave the most.


Once I must try some cake! However, I am worried that I will not resist and I will bring an entire bag back home.


The store is located in the last section. You can find Italian wines, olive oil, choice of cheeses, pesto, Italian sweets, but also dairy products - Italian lemon yogurt cought my attention. Of course there is mascarpone, ricotta and prosciutto. I can prefer pasta, polenta and rice. Sure, the prices are higher, but here there is great value that you get back.


Are you one of those who love Wine Food or among those who rather ignore this place? :)

No comments :

Post a Comment

Bella Lulu Ink Blog