Aug 3, 2014

RESTAURANT MOOD WILL CHEER YOU UP!

MOOD restaurant is located in Prague's Zizkov district, close to the Olšanské Square. A few metres away is the Czech Sokol, former team exercising with various performances. I remember the crazy gymnastics lessons in high school, I hated Sokol. But back to our lunch. I bet that the menu will satisfy everyone. I put my bet on tuna cevich and pork cheeks.


As they say, a hundred people, a hundred flavors. MOOD restaurant was my cup of tea. First, I cheered at the entrance because of the design. Bright, spacious, modern, full of paintings, cheerful colors ... then the waiter Dan approached us and offered us a seating on the terrace. It was a beautiful summer day ... why not? At least you can watch the cyclists chasing after Výton or skaters.



Menu is awesome. It does not include numerous number of meals, which is nice because you do not have to worry if the chef can handle 200 meals or not. We had a MOOD water that raised our mood definitelly. Imagine raspberries, mint and blueberries. Fruity and cheerful. This place is famous for great burgers. Although I had the urge to order some handsome burger, other specialties attracted me more. You want to eat everything. Smoked duck breast, beef carpaccio, mussels with coconut milk and lemon grass and more.


Me and my friend went for Tuna ceviche Peruvian style with Habaneros, served with fried sweet potatoes, avocado pureé and cilantro cooler shot. It was truly a blast for the eyes. This is what I call food styling. Four pieces of tuna that melts on the tongue, along with avocado puree and especially with cilantro shot, which included also cucumber and lime vodka. Tastes are beautifully combined together and you feel like in a fairytale. And those sweet potatoes! Yummy. 





Dan, the waiter, advised us well. I like to ask the service and see if the staff has a passion for food and even just one meal can make sparkles in their eyes. Overall, the service was great, very professional, relaxed, willing and happy to help.


Another meal way MOOD Salad with chopped chicken, sesame, shitake, ginger dressing and Wakame seaweed. The salad was refreshing, mainly because of ginger dressing. It was sooo delicious and I almost went on fire because of the hot pepper. Anyway, sesame and Wakame seaweed made the salad totally different from any other. 




And here we have a stellar moment of our lunch. My friend chose Picanha US Beef, served with Salsa Verde with Jalapeňos peppers and baked grenaille potatoes. Steak was appealing at first sight. Meat was beautifully soft, with distinctive flavor, and roasted potatoes together with salsa formed a balanced combination. I opted for the pork cheeks in dark beer, baked celery and smoked potato puree. Normally I do not drink beer, but this was meal the waiter metioned as the first one favorite. So I decided to give him a chance. Once I had cheeks in Imperial and I was in heaven. This meal was great as well. The meat was falling apart, I ate smoked potato puree for the first time and nothing else would fit with cheeks better.




A time for a dessert. Many times I look forward to it since the very beginning. A friend ordered Caramelised apples with port wine, raisins, served with kataifi pastry with vanilla sauce and honey nuts. Normally they make strudel with vanilla sauce, but my friend is lactose intolerant, so the waiter suggested apple sauce. Overall, I have to emphasize his approach because he said already in the beginning that the will make sure that really every meal will not contain traces of milk. Now that's added value, which is not seen very often. Cinnamon and apples is a proven combination and the nest of kataifi dough was nicely crispy. Me, as, a faithful chocolate maniac, ordered a chocolate fondant with Ivoire white chocolate with vanilla creme fraiche and dehydrated raspberry dust. Well, what can I say. Tempting hot chocolate, vanilla creme fraiche was flawless ... really delicious.




Well, this does not need to become a new trend, but I must make a picture of toillet. I have never seen a lotion, deodorant, hair spray, hair mousse, tic tacs and mouth water. 



Dan, the waiter, advised us well. I like to ask the service and see if the staff has a passion for food and even just one meal can make sparkles in their eyes. Overall, the service was great, very professional, relaxed, willing and happy to help.


Review of MOOD restaurant cannot be bad. The photos speak for themselves and I must try sometimes their very famous burger.

2 comments :

  1. Wow to vypada nadherne! Az se vratim do Prahy tak musime vyzkouset, diky za tip!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Neni zac, ja tam musim vyzkouset jeste ten burger!

    ReplyDelete

Bella Lulu Ink Blog