Apr 10, 2014

HOMEMADE PEANUT BUTTER

Peanut butter is amazing. There are numerous ways how to eat it. Either with apple or you can use it to make your cookies. Anyway, I had 500 grams of peanuts at home so I told to myself that I will finally make homemade peanut butter. And the result?


with bananas - great combo!

Preparation is quick. In addition to the blender (I could bar mixer) you need the following ingredients:
500 g of peanuts (nature)
pinch of salt


Additional ingredients: 
teaspoon of honey
1-2 tsp of oil (such as canola)
pinch of cinnamon


I recommend to roast peanuts in the oven, just for 10 minutes at 180 degrees. The flavor will be stronger. Then we put them in the pan, I used the one which belongs to a bar blender. Feel free to put aside a handful of peanuts, you add them at the end, peanut butter is not completely smooth then, but crispy. I was blending it for about 5 minutes. At the end you can add your preferred supplementary ingredients.


sticky :)


Ideally, leave the butter in the fridge. Honestly, I was a bit skeptical, but the result surprised me and maybe I will switch from the crunchy peanut butter from Marks and Spencer to the homemade. I'm planning to try homemade nutella, so stay tuned!

The best thing about it is that it is totally natural, no chemicals and other poisons.

Have you ever tried homemade peanut butter or Nutella? What is your experience?

No comments :

Post a Comment

Bella Lulu Ink Blog