May 8, 2014

ITALIAN CHEESECAKE: TORTA DI RICOTTA E MASCARPONE

Lately I am obsessed with Italian cuisine. So that I will not eat pasta over and over again, I decided to bake something Italian. Finally, I chose cheesecake. I had ricotta in my fridge, I bought  mascarpone in the shop and torta di ricotta e mascarpone was born.


I was inspired here. I just replaced the biscuit dough by real dough. I think that cheesecake is more smooth then. If you can, put the cheesecake in cake tin. You can choose any frosting you want, according to your own taste. I had a craving for chocolate. A combination of ricotta and mascarpone with raspberries and mint or pineapple would be delicious as well. 

Dough: 
300 g of fine flour
120 g of butter
2 eggs
half a cup of granulated sugar (you can use cane sugar)
2 teaspoons of baking powder

Filling:
500 g of ricotta
500 g of mascarpone
2 eggs
juice from one lemon
1/2 cup of sugar (maybe a whole cup, depending on how sweet you like cheesecakes)
spoon of vanilla sugar
pinch of salt

Frosting: 
150 grams of dark chocolate
60 grams of butter

Preparation:
For the dough, mix all ingredients in a bowl and knead it with your hands. Put it on the bottom of the cake tin and puncture it a bit with a fork.


As for filling, mix all the ingredients, just sugar and eggs add gradually. Whisk it on a low level.


Let it bake for 45 minutes at 180 degrees. At the end, pour it with the frosting (melted chocolate with butter). Eventually, you can use fruit.


No comments :

Post a Comment

Bella Lulu Ink Blog