Jun 17, 2014

BRUNCH AT JULIUS MEINL

I totally love breakfast. Definitely my favorite meal of the day. Raspberry pancakes in the Louvre, homemade chocolate oatmeal ... ohh. This time I went for breakfast to the recently opened Julius Meinl. I bought the breakfast through Lime and Tonic.


Meinl is huge. For me, as a person who is completely obsessed with food, it is a paradise and horror at the same time. 3 floors of all sorts of goodies from all over the world. Plus patisserie, bakery, cheeses ... you name it. If you have money which you do not know how to spend - no problem here. 

The restaurant is located on the 3rd floor, with the view to the 28.rijna street and the lower part of Wenceslas Square. There are 4 choices of breakfast for you. If you are a fan of English breakfast, you will enjoy it to the fullest. I decided to have breakfast called Meinl. It includes double chocolate croissant or muffin, depending on your wish, smoked salmon and Prague ham, farmer's bread, cottage cheese, poached egg, fresh fruit juice, again depending on your choice, cereal with either milk or yogurt and coffee or tea. As a bonus you get a glass of Prosecco as a welcome drink and chocolate to take home.


I would not mind to start my day with Prosecco every day. I might get used to it! 


I decided to order a latte. It was divine. Pretty solid foam, excellent coffee Julius Meinl brand and of course a glass of water. I must emphasize fresh orange juice, it was simply amazing. I would not have a problem to drink more than one glass. Sweet and bitter taste at the same time.


When the waitress brought me everything I ordered, I was overwhelmed. I began with salty food. Smoked salmon was delicious. Truly magnificent! And it was not a small amount at all. Prague ham was also good.


I continued with poached egg. I am not really into eggs, especially in the morning, so I just tasted it. What I enjoyed more was a croissant with apricot jam (again, jam depends on your choice). You can choose among the different flavors - strawberry, blueberry, raspberry, orange ... Croissant was crispy, crunchy, buttery, just perfect.


I finished the breakfast of kings with oatmeal. I could choose whether I want it with milk or yogurt. Since cornflakes with milk are not an acceptable combination for me, I voted for yogurt. Although something simple as that normally do not impress you, this was the ideal end of my breakfast. And fruits! Strawberries, blueberries, mango and much more. 

In the morning I had a problem to get there because I never leave my house without proper breakfast. Fortunately, I was somehow able to get there and this mega meal definitely started my day. Yes, it is too much food, but from time to time, why not! Well, even if breakfast are not your favorite thing, visit Meinl at least for a coffee. The environment is beautiful, elegant, calm and the service takes care of you very nicely.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Bella Lulu Ink Blog