Dec 16, 2014

CZECH CHRISTMAS COOKIES - WALNUTS

At this moment I spend the most of my time with making traditional Czech Christmas cookies, known as cukrovi. I am working like a factory. Although I just enjoy this process, it is so relaxing for me. Today I share with you the very first recipe - so called walnuts. 


These cookies are great because the preparation is actually pretty easy. They have a lot of filling and of course a lot of nuts. 

Ingredients:
100 g icing sugar
100 g butter
100 g walnuts
100 g fine flour

Filling:
150 g butter
70 g icing sugar
70 g walnuts
3 teaspoons of rum
teaspoon of cocoa (or you can use about 30 g of chocolate, melted)
around 10 baby cookies (in Czech - piskoty

Preparation:
For dough, mix all ingredients together using your hands. Butter must be a little melted and walnuts must be minced. The dough should be smooth. Fill in the walnuts forms and bake it at 160 degrees for about 10 min.

In the meantime, prepare the filling. Mix all inngredients, again butter should be warm and walnuts minced. When your walnuts will be cold, you can use the filling. 

Merry Christmas!


No comments :

Post a Comment

Bella Lulu Ink Blog