Apr 1, 2015

3 HOURS IN NEW YORK CITY

It has been a ling time since my last visit in NYC. 6 years to be exact. I spent a few days at Long Island and on my last day, I went to the Big Apple for a little late afternoon stroll. My biggest expectation was to see the 9/11 memorial. 



I started off at the very center. The Top of the Rock. I have seen the spectacular view 2 times so I supposed that it has not changed much since them. However, what I have not seen yet was ice-skating at the Rock Center Cafe. Dear New York City, you are so beautiful during the winter!





Mandatory stop at Magnolia Bakery. It is right next to the Top of the Rock and it was overcrowded as always. I opted for a red velvet cupcake. It was actually my first red velvet cupcake ever. And I did not like it. It was sweet like hell! Anyway, I love the atmosphere. And of course the decoration! Although the pecan cupcake I had previously was way better. 


And then the last stop. National September 11 Memorial. When I was last there, they were still building it. And yes, this place has a special atmosphere. I didn't have time for the museum but still I was impressed. Also, the Ground Zero is there. When one of the victims of 9/11 has a birthday, they put a rose to the name. 




The next day was my flight to Seattle. I had a stopover at Los Angeles. What comes next? Expect a lot of articles from Seattle. I plan to travel from there so I will visit Vnacouver in BC, Portland and San Francisco in the near future. Also, I am thinking about Austin in Texas. 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Bella Lulu Ink Blog