Apr 14, 2015

ABC's of Travel

Some of my favorite travel bloggers have written a post about ABC's of travel. Jessie from Two Feet, One World and Sammy from To The Days Like This. I love these types of article so I though why not  to write it? It is a wonderful way to look back and share my experiences!



A // Age you first went travelling?

I think I was 2 or 3 years old and I went to France! I guess it was the time when I felt in love with Côte d'Azur. Anyway, I still remember the first airplane trip EVER! I was 6 and I l o v e d it!!


B // Best foreign beer you've had and where?

I do NOT drink beer. And I keep telling it over and over when I meet new people. I just don't like the taste. And I am Czech, so weird.

C // Cuisine. Favorite?

Brazilian. No doubt. They have amazing meet, those beans, acai, caipirinha (do drinks count?), maracuja and many many others fruits!

D // Destinations. Favorite and least favorite? Why?

Favorite destinations - anywhere hot. I enjoy Italy, California and Spain. Still waiting to visit Indonesia and Thailand. 

Least favorite - it is a hard one. Most probably Tunisia so far. I had stomach problems like everyone who goes there and nothing is really going on there.

E // Event you've experienced abroad that made you say “WOW!”?

I would say that Christmas in Florida with Brazilians. As a traditional Czech girl who loves Czech Christmas.. it was tough.

F // Favorite mode of transportation?

No doubt. Boat. You can feel the freedom and fresh air, hot sun.. a perfection. I'm thinking about going on a Caribbean cruise, will see.

G // Greatest feeling while traveling?

I just love the feeling when I start to live somewhere new.. the excitement of the unknown is pure happiness for me.

H // Hottest place you've ever traveled to?

I still have not experienced super hot weather. For now, it is Brazil.

I // Incredible service you've experienced and where?

I will answer it differently. When I first went to America, I went to the mall and I was shocked when sales assistant spotted me and asked me with a huge smile on her face Hi dear, how are you? How is your day? That would NEVER happen to me in the Czech Rep.!

J // Journey that took the longest?

From South America to Europe. I was never that exhausted. I was just lying on the floor at the airport and sleeping. Then I met there a guy and the face looked really familiar. So I said hi.. We started chatting and then I realized it was my classmate from MBA studies. Oh.

K // Keepsake from your travels?

I used to be obsessed with postcards. Now, I tend to buy jewelry. I bought 2 bracelets at Ipanema beach! Memories.

L // Let-down sight. Where and why?

I suppose that it was in Bulgaria. It was a combination of many factors.

M // Moment where you fell in love with travelling?

When I started to travel on my own, to live in a foreign country.. I just became addicted. And I won't stop anytime soon.

N // Nicest hotel you've ever stayed in?

In New York. I was there with my family and we had such an amazing studio! And right on the 5th Avenue.

O // Obsession. What are you obsessed with taking photos of while travelling? 

Food. And nature. Cities. I love photography!

P // Passport stamps. How many and from where?

Not so little, not to many.

Q // Quirkiest attraction you've visited and where?

For me it is any wax museum. I just do not get the idea why people are so into it. Celebrities always look horrible like that and the picture with Leo DiCaprio or whoever celebrity always looks ridiculous.

R // Really frightening. One place you've visited where you felt unsafe or uneasy?

When I was walking close to favelas. If you have been there, you know what I am talking about.


S // Splurge. Something you have no problem spending money on while travelling?

I can control myself quite well. For me, the biggest joy is just to live it. Explore.

T // Touristy thing you've done?

That awful photo with the leaning tower of Pisa.

U // Unforgettable travel memory?

My first time stay in a hostel. Never again hotels! Hostels are the best thing you can do. I met so many amazing people and we are still in touch. I picked this one because it totally changed my point of view on traveling.

V // Visas. How many and for where?

2. Take a guess.

W // Wine. Best glass while travelling?

In France.

X // eXcellent view and where from?

In Cornwall, UK. Look at it.


Y // Years spent travelling?

Basically every year there is some adventure. Since I was 3 yrs I would say. Although I haven't traveled to 50 or more countries, I will never give up on traveling. I prefer to spend more time at one place to get to know local culture and properly to explore it.

Z // Zealous sports fans and where?

Not sports fans, but I was blown away by how many hours Brazilians are able to play volley! Unbelievable.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Bella Lulu Ink Blog